Who we are
The Luke Society provides resources and support for international Christian health visionaries who are passionate about ministering to the needs in their own cultures. Our ministry empowers nationals to share the saving grace of the Gospel through preaching, teaching and healing. Read more about who we are and what we do here.
To participate in God's plan of redemption by following Jesus' example of teaching, preaching and healing (Matthew 9:35-36). Read our Faith Statements.
By Nathan Stob
CAYES-JACMEL, HAITI—Imagine living through the recent events which have unfolded in the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere — Haiti.
- A 2010 earthquake claimed about 300,000 lives and the country’s economy and infrastructure struggled to recover.
- Criminals have created instability and fear, kidnapping people for ransom.
- The cost of food and supplies continue to rapidly outpace wage increases.
- Haiti’s president was assassinated in July.
- An August earthquake caused more damage and sadness, which was followed by a tropical storm.
Working in the midst of these dark times are faithful Christians like Luke Society ministry director Dr. Erol Rene.